I hope you have been enjoying this series so far. It has been filled with tips about oils that can help men, women, and now couples.
Who has had a hard time connecting to their partner in the past? Who wants a little more heat and passion? Who has a problem communicating what they want or need with their partner sometimes? I know I raised my hand for these. Don’t be shy…this is a non-judgmental, supportive place. I’m here to tell you that these aren’t things to be ashamed of. Our society does have the tendency to make us feel inadequate, in lots of ways. This shouldn’t be one of them. We all struggle with intimacy in one way or another at some point in our lives. And we are taught to be quiet about it. Well, I refuse to give in to that line of thinking. I am here, shouting loudly, that you are not alone. You and your partner are not broken. Oils won’t magically fix everything, but can help our mind and bodies to be more at peace and open with our partner.
Let’s talk about some oils that can help with the things we mentioned.
- Connecting to your partner: Sensation. W and I love this oil. It is super sensual and contains Ylang Ylang which supports confidence and balances male and female energies. Jasmine is also a part of the mix and and helps support positive emotions. Sensation supports arousal which is obviously key when connecting with your partner. When we diffuse this blend in the bedroom, the room fills with a rich, romantic scent that really helps the intimacy flow. I’ve even mixed Sensation with Stress Away for a quick, warm perfume. Another powerhouse oil when talking about connecting with your partner is Lady Sclareol. For me, this takes Sensation to an entirely new level. Lady Sclareol contains Ylang Ylang and Jasmine as well, with the addition of Clary Sage (ladies we talked about this), Vetiver (known to ground sexual energies) and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood (heart opening). Diffuse Lady Sclareol or apply it to the lower abdomen and focus on your partner and your connection.
- More heat and passion: Ginger. It’s not just for your digestive system anymore! This warm oil stimulates blood flow and circulation. Key things for passion and heat. Ginger is considered to be an aphrodisiac and has been known to boost male libido. For females, if you are feeling a little bit tense, Ginger can help ease that feeling, making it easier to get into the moment. Just mix a drop or two with carrier oil and use it as a massage oil. Shutran is also really great for creating heat. A blend including Idaho Blue Spruce (known as an aphrodisiac), Northern Lights Black Spruce (a woodsy, masculine scent promoting strength), and Coriander (a gentle stimulant for those with low energy)…I mean come on. If passion doesn’t enter the equation after using Shutran…well…let’s just say that it will 😉
- Communicate freely with your partner: Valor. It was October’s Oil of the Month, Valor is courage in a bottle. It’s calming and confidence building. Who doesn’t need that when you’re trying to tell someone your inner most thoughts and feelings?! Use the Valor Roll-On and apply to the heart and wrists and take a few deep, intentional breaths. Live with Passion is another blend that supports emotional balance. This one is going to knock your socks off. We just talked about Ginger, and this blend contains Ginger, Clary Sage, Cedarwood, Jasmine and Neroli. Wow right?! Intimacy powerhouses! Neroli is known to be calming and relaxing, encouraging confidence and sensuality. Just what we need when communicating with our partner.
“But S, I just can’t find the time with my partner. We are so busy!” I get it. Life. Is. Crazy. Try this…if you are going to diffuse oils in your home anyway, why not try an oil that could put you both more at ease, encourage you to be more open, and help you feel more connected? That doesn’t take any more time out of your day. Then start setting aside time for one another. Five minutes at the beginning or end of your day, then 10, then 20, etc. until it becomes a habit. Add oils as you go and maybe instead of fainting into bed at the end of a long week, you’ll ignite that spark that deeply connects you.
W and I use oils regularly in the bedroom and it has been life changing. Sensation is one of my absolute favorites and W loves Bergamot. I actually made us a linen spray that we use at night to just…encourage intimacy. Here’s the recipe I used:
- 2 oz. glass bottle with spray top
- 3 drops Stress Away
- 3 drops Lady Sclereol
- 2 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce
- 2 drops White Angelica (contains Bergamot)
- 2 drops Sensation
- Splash of Witch Hazel
- Distilled water
Add a splash of distilled water to the glass bottle. Add the oils and splash of Witch Hazel, top off with more distilled water and give it a good shake. Spritz onto sheets anytime you want to encourage sparks…
We hope you have enjoyed this three part series. It was fun to write and hopefully fun for you to read…and try out some of the tips 😉 Let us know what you think and as always…enjoy friends!
Stephanie and W